We are looking for experienced native English speaking editors in the following fields, in response to the increasing demand for English editing services. Our clients are research institutes located in Tsukuba Science City, Japan.
- Life Science(such as Agriculture, Virology, etc.)
- Information Communication(such as Computer Science, Telecommunication, etc.)
- Environment(such as Geology, Water Resources, etc.)
- Nanotechnology/Materials Science(such as Physics, Chemistry, etc.)
- Energy(such as Nuclear Science, Thermodynamics, etc.)
- Manufacture(such as Robotics, Mechanics, etc.)
- Social Science(such as Anthropology, Psychology, etc.)
- Social Infrastructure(such as Architecture, Automobiles, etc.)
- Frontier Science(such as Astronomy, Oceanography, etc.)
- Medical/Pharmaceutical Science(such as Internal Medicine, Oncology, etc.)
Checking/editing of English research papers and other documents written by Japanese researchers. The editing is not limited to proofreading for grammar, spelling, and syntax, but also includes looking for clarity of content. The credibility of the main thesis also needs verification from a scientific and research point of view. The editor needs to follow the author’s guidelines regarding specific scientific journals, when instructed.
Research content will usually be technical and specialized. Your specialty and experience will determine the jobs our coordinators will send you, in order to produce error free high quality editing.
Negotiable. Payment will be made in JPY
(either via PayPal, or bank transfer to a bank account in Japan.)
A strong writing ability and excellent knowledge of English grammar are essential. Many of our clients are researchers, therefore a background in research is preferable. Experience/knowledge in scientific journals is also appreciated. Excellent time management skills are a must as well as the ability to read and understand the linguistic nuances of foreign writers.
If you would like to apply, please fill out [2019_ApplicationForm_your name.xlsx] and send with your up-to-date resume describing your background and skills to our e-mail address
with “Application for an editor position” in the subject line.
You will receive an auto-reply shortly to confirm our receipt after you have sent an e-mail.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a short trial (without compensation.)
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted. If you are not contacted within 30 days of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.